- The virus has substantially changed transportation as we know it.
- Planes, trains and buses are, by nature, tight enclosed environments
- Everyone is looking for ways to clean up these environments with chemicals, fogs, wipes, shields and UV robots. All of which are very labor intensive and don’t always work well. Chemicals leave sticky films and aren’t very effective. They also change the burn characteristics of the passenger seats.
- Waypoint has developed the only engineered, onboard, effective solution using UV and 405 light that does not require any more labor than flipping a switch and will clean up the environments for travel.
- Our designed UVc light system will disable the COVID-19 corona virus
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Does UVc light disable the COVID-19 corona virus?
Yes. Numerous university studies have shown that it does. Boston University published results on dosages to disable the COVID-19.
- What about Ozone that is created by UVc Light?
Ozone molecules are only created when using UVc light in the 180 nm wavelength range. We are using significantly longer wavelengths that actually produces O2 (good) oxygen molecules.
- Are the LED lights powerful enough to work on disabling the viruses?
Yes. There are several variables that effect the “dose” of light required to do the job of disabling viruses. These include light power (irradiance), distance from light to virus and amount of time that light is on. We have confirmed these variable in our test mock-ups.
- Is UVc light safe for humans?
No. The UVc light will only be used when people are NOT on board. It will be a maintenance controlled event to assure that no passengers are present when it is in use. The 405nm can be used safely all of the time!
- Is UVc light more effective than chemicals?
Yes! Our system is engineered to provide correct dosages. Chemicals are 30-40% effective if done correctly. No labor is required for our system. Just a flip of a switch.
- Does UVc light harm or degrade the materials on a bus?
We have performed in-house tests on the seat materials by exposing them to the equivalent of 20 years of doses. There were NO visible changes or change in feel to the seat material.